For many of us farming is a part of life. For some, farming may be their primary occupation, many other people maintain smaller acreages pursuing agriculture mainly for personal enjoyment.
A hobby farm is operated on a smaller scale than a commercial farm. A large vegetable garden would not be considered a hobby farm. If land is being rented for farm use or livestock are being kept, it would fall into the hobby farm category.
Your farm may seem small to others, but it’s very important to you. We make sure it’s covered with the following:
- Dwelling and contents.
- Replacement cost guarantee on your home.
- Extended Water coverage for farm dwellings.
- Comprehensive Water coverage* for farm dwellings.
- Dwelling limit for detached structures.
- For produce sellers, coverage loss due to robbery.
- Farm livestock.
- Farm produce.
Knowing what type of coverage is best for a small acreage or hobby farm is important to make sure your way of life is properly protected.